See It - Hear It - Report It.
OUR MISSION: Providing Equal Access To Justice In 17 Counties In West Tennessee
WTLS is a non-profit organization that provides assistance in civil cases to individuals, families and communities. Our goal is to make this service available to the underserved populations of Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Dyer, Decatur, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henry, Henderson, Lake, McNairy, Madison, Obion, and Weakley counties.
- Jackson - 800.372.8346
210 W. Main Street
208 South Church Avenue
113 West Paris Street
141 North Third Street
The Fair Housing Act
Coverage Under the Act
The act covers residential housing in the markets of rental, sales, lending and insurance to include private and subsidized housing.
Prohibitions Under the Act
When the housing provider, because of your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or disability:
- Refuses to negotiate for housing.
- Sets different terms, conditions or privileges for sale, rental, lending or insurance of a dwelling.
- Provides different housing services or facilities.
- Falsely denies that housing is available for inspection, sale or rental.
- For profit, induces someone to sell or rent because of the protected class that is moving into the neighborhood.
- Denies anyone access to or membership in a rental or sales facility or service (such as a multiple listing service).
- Threatens, coerces, intimidates or interferes with anyone exercising a fair housing right or assisting others to exercise a right.
- Advertises or makes any statement that indicates a limitation, preference, or discrimination based on a protected class.